It's hard to believe my baby's already 3. She's such a joy! Since she came into this life it has never been dull.
I did not want a Christmas baby (I was due the 24th) so I was determined to have her early. After trying everything I could think of I went to my last resort. Castor oil. My mom had taken it and was sooo sick. I figured I'd risk it. It started my labor and I didn't get sick. We dropped the kids off at a friend and john rushed to the hospital. I told him there was no rush we had plenty of time, but he'd been denied his mad rush to the hospital with Mads and jarom so...
When I got my epidural they had me sit up and john stand in front of me to support me. It took a while cause my back wouldn't stop bleeding, and the next thing I knew john was on the floor. He had done fine with the other kids so I was kinda worried. The anesthesiologist and nurse just stepped over him and kept on working as he lay on the floor. It turns out he had come down with a bug and didn't tell me he was sick. He spent the entire night in the bathroom throwing up. He made it for her birth, held her for a minute, and went home.
She was soo sweet. She never cried at the hospital. (Madison wasn't allowed in the hospital nursery because she wouldn't stop crying) I was so tired though. I remember holding her, looking at her little bed 2 feet from my bed, and I couldn't move to put her to bed. I finally had to lay her between my knees because there was no one to take her from me and I couldn't seem to move. (The only time I've been in the hospital and didn't have nurses coming in every hour) It was a little depressing because john stayed at home sleeping until the next day. So the entire hospital stay I was alone with this beautiful little baby. But too darn tired to move.
Madison and Jarom were so excited to see her. They were so cute. Unfortunatly the CD I burned the pictures of Charity got scratched up and I only have 4 pictures of her until she was 3 months old. So I don't have pictures of them together.
She was an angel until 2 weeks old then her true personality came out. She's fiesty, demanding, silly, loving, stubborn, active, and so adorable. She had this mohawk for the longest time. I loved it.
She has been such a blessing in our lives. I love watching her grow and learn. She has such a love of the simple things in life. We love you Charity. (or Coco Huff ,Chi Chi or whatever you decide your name is)
2 comments:
I think back to that night and i can't stop thinking of how bad John was feeling it's funny now but I know it was hard on you.... tell Charity Happy BIRTHDAY FROM US.. We will be coming so i hope to see you miss you guys
Happy Birthday Charity! We miss you!
Post a Comment