Monday, December 15, 2008

Someday

Last week Mads went to the temple for the first time. john and I went with her. It was a wonderful experience but she was too funny. I think she was nervous so when someone told her to do something she would tell them no. I kept thinking you're at the temple, not the place to say no. I should have explained things better to her so she'd know what to expect.
Saturday we went to Edgewood for the Santa Fly-in. It's a Christmas party my mom and others put on. My step-dad flies to pick up Santa and he gives presents to the kids. The kids love it. We always have fun. That night was the ward party and both of john's work parties. We chose to go the ward party.
Tonight we are having a little party for Charity at Peter Piper Pizza. I didn't want to deal with cleaning my house. She's so excited. Except it's snowing and I hate driving in snow. Maybe it won't stick. Her bday isn't til Wed. but this was the only evening that we had free.

It's always crazy this time of year. Sometimes I wish things would slow down so I could enjoy the season. Every night there is something going on, so many things to do. I remember when I was younger I would sit at night in front of our Christmas tree, drinking hot cocoa, for hours. Just thinking, enjoying Christmas. Now it's run, run, run, then crash (I can't stay up late anymore). Hopefully someday it will slow down.

No comments: