Monday, February 2, 2009

exploring albuquerque

We had a busy week!
John's family came to visit.
We had so much fun with them.
They had never been here before. They had heard it was so green and lush. lol
I do think New Mexico has a unique beauty though.
We went to the Petroglyphs on Thursday.


On Friday we went to Santa Fe. We only had time to walk around the Plaza and eat. They got to try New Mexican cuisine. That night we went swimming.


On Saturday John had to work and I had lots to do so John's brother Jimmy and his wife Laurel took the older kids to Tent Rocks. They said it was amazing. Unfortunately, even being a native New Mexican, I have seen little of New Mexico. We hope to all go someday.








Everyone left after church and we headed out to a Super Bowl party.
Last night when we got home Madison asked what fun things are we doing this week?
My reply, Nothing I'm exhausted. John seconded that notion. I am not an energetic person!
It was so wonderful for his family to come and support him. We are grateful for them.

1 comment:

Erica Bass said...

The last time I was at Tent rocks Gena was 2 weeks old. I found that I was still not ready to hike so I had to hang out in the car. It is really pretty though.

Good luck with the new calling (for all of you). My dad was the bishop when I was growing up and I survived.