Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentines Day

John has very few days off including Saturdays so when he had 4 days (over Valentines Day weekend) off we decided to go out of town. Turns out, he had to speak in church Sunday so we made it a short trip. We went to Santa Rosa on Friday morning. John worked while the kids and I explored the town. Most of our time was spent at McDonalds. It's a very small town. The kids loved it though. Very quaint. They loved the small movie theater that plays 1 movie 1 night a week (at least according to the marquee). Then there was Grandma's Fitness Center. LOL

Then after lunch we went to Amarillo to see the Newmans. It was lots of fun. We had some great Texas bbque and enjoyed visiting with them. We headed back home Saturday night. The trip was way to short.

Since we spent Valentines day driving home we decided to have Valentines Day the next week. John and I went to dinner and them went shopping Friday night. (Our typical date night, we need to get a little more creative.) Here's what we got.



I've been putting off getting a new TV but we decided to get one with our tax refund. Then, of course, we had to get a tv stand and bookcases. My camera is missing so maybe we will end up getting a new camera also.

Saturday I thought I'd set up the TV. 5 1/2 hours later (after John got home) we figured out there was a problem with the cable connection in the living room. I was ready to take the dang thing back. But we ran a cable from the upstairs and it worked! Just in time to watch one of my all time favorite movies Grease.

Now I have to buckle down and get things done for the Blue and Gold banquet tomorrow. I'm such a procrastinator.

1 comment:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

very, very nice love it and I already miss you guys it was so nice to have you here your one of my best friends and I miss you lots next time it has to be longer. But we still have a week to look forward to in CA can't wait