the kids to the Doctor yesterday.
Madison received a note from the nurse saying she
needed immunizations. For those who don't know
Mads has a HUGE fear of needles. Her experiences
include:
-as a toddler and young child she would bite and kick
the nurse who was giving the shots. Some nurses refused
to work with Mads.
-when we went to visit her new niece Katie in the hospital they
were doing a PKU test on Katie. I turned to talk to Mads and she
was gone. I found her later in a room curled into a ball
rocking.
-last shot she recieved 4 years ago she screamed soo loud and
tried to run out the door punching at the doctor as she went.
-when Charity had her last shots Mads didn't watch but turned too
early and passed out.
Needless to say I was not excited to take her.
So I drugged her.
She slept in the waiting room and could hardly stand up by herself.
But she didn't even flinch when she received her shot. It was so
wonderful.
Logan Family Reunion
-
In july we planed a Logan Family Reunion. The Sad thing was that Jeff got
a job offer for Fed Ex Office and it started the end of June, so we had to
go wi...
9 years ago
3 comments:
lol Thats awesome! What do you use to drug a 12 yr old? And...what will she do when she has a baby???
:)
Benadryl. I called the dr. to see if I could get diazapam (that's what we gave to nervous dental patients) but they said benadryl would work. I gave her a little extra to be sure. She told me she is not having a baby if that means needles.
I am still laughing poor you, but I say drug them if you need to....lol I can't wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment