I have to say Chicago is much nicer than I had thought. I loved the brick and stone buildings (no stucco or siding to be found) and it was so green.
(I think this is the Chicago Tribune building.)
While we were there we got massages, went up the Sears Tower,
shopped the Magnificent Mile,
went to the beach, and Millennium Park,
went on a lunch cruise,
and saw a Broadway show (Mary Poppins).
It was so much fun, but tiring though. Those people walk a lot. My treadmill didn’t prepare me well enough. I had shin splints the first day (and every other day).
2 comments:
You saw Mary Poppins? How was it? I want to go to Chicago so bad! I was supposed to go with Ben to a conference this fall- but I ended up being 8+ mos pregnant and figured it would be no fun walking so much. Glad you had fun!
It was great. They changed the story a bit which was good because I can almost quote the movie word for word. I liked that it was different. The cast was amazing! I've never been to a Broadway play and was very impressed.
Post a Comment