Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Madison!

Mads birthday isn't til Tuesday but we had her party last night. She had a slumber party. The girls had fun. Charity thought she was one of the girls. She tagged along the entire time. Jarom was smart and stayed the night at a friends.

She got a Nintendo DS and a game from us and her grandparents. Her friend got her this shirt that suits her perfectly. She is pretty bossy. She also got a gift card for more games and manicure things.





Madison wanted a penguin cake. I hate making black icing but she wouldn't be persuaded to change her mind. I ran into some problems with the cake pan (I used the stand up bear) so I had to layer and sculpt the cake. I wanted an easy cake but it took all day. I think it turned out ok.



I bought myself an early Christmas present last week. I've been wanting a KitchenAid for a while and found a good deal. It made making the cake easier. Not to mention I can finally make bread. I have tried everything including a bread machine. This is my first loaf that has EVER turned out. I am too proud. I wanted one of the new colors they have, but John wanted more power. I can't wait for Christmas baking to begin.




I'm making John take me out tonight. I think we'd never have a date if I didn't plan and enforce. I love having a child who can babysit. Maybe we'll get some early Christmas shopping done. First we have to limit our list to a reasonable amount. That what happens after having no money for forever. When you start making money, you have so many things you want. I think we need a new camera. My zoom is getting hard to work and the lens thingy won't open half the time. As you can tell I am very knowledgeable about cameras. All I know is I'm tired of one's that break after a year.

5 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

I am impress with Madison's cake! Way to go!!
love the pic of penguin with the candles on its head!

As for the camara. sometimes techologhy is just a pain. I think you guys have the same one as us. I have ran into the same problem with the lens too. I just flick it open with my finger and it works like a charm. It also means that the batteries are slowly dieing. We use the sliver Energizer batteries for ours.

I am also impressed with your bread. I can't do that!

As for money, know what you mean. The last time,we had spare money (insert laughing, here) We bought a dishwasher.

Welcome to Newman's World said...

First Love the Cake your so good at that.. And please tell her I said Happy B~day Second Yes you need a date night and I'm right there with you Jon doesn't ask me I tell him lol.. And I love my KA they are great!! Miss ya

Jared said...

Stacey i didn't know you were so domestic? Wow, home made cakes, homemade bread wow! We will have to put you in charge of the baking next time you come. Happy Birthday Madison, we love you!!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about that shirt. The cake did turn out nice.

Summer said...

Beautiful cake!! And yea for the Kitchen Aid...I still dream of one (red, of course.)