Mads went to Young Womens for the first time Wednesday night. It's crazy, I'm not old enough to have a YW.
I had my surgery yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect, but my wrist had been feeling pretty good the last couple of weeks so I thought it would be simple. The doctor said it might just need a debridement (clean up the rough edges) and in that case I wouldn't need a cast, just a splint for a short while.
He removed a cyst the size of his thumb (to his first joint ) and had to repair 2 ligaments that had torn. It's bandaged up past my elbow and I'll get a full arm cast next week.
I've realized there are a lot of things you can't do with one arm. Like tie shoes (anyone have any cute velcro shoes?), or take lids off pain pill bottles, or change diapers. UGGH!! I asked John yesterday to help me change my clothes. He went into OT mode and explained how to do it myself. I guess it's better to be independent (at least that's what OT's say). I prefer a little pampering, but they don't teach that in OT school. Tonight I'm going to make myself clear. The block wore off and I'm pretty sore today. I'm not sure why but I didn't expect it to be painful (denial probably).
My mom has been over pampering me yesterday and today so I've been lucky. She's the best! She even made dinner for both nights, ran all my errands, and took and picked kids up. I'm still pretty loopy from the general anesthetic and pain pills. Not sure if driving is the best idea.
The kids think when I get my cast it should be red and white striped for Christmas. I'm not sure what I think about that idea. Candy cane, huh?
5 comments:
why didn't you tell me it was so soon.... I hope you get to feeling better if I was there I would have done all those things for you. Sorry I'm 4 hours away! I'm thinking about you and will call you soon love ya
do you want dinner sometime?
Can I do something to help? Really!!
Thank you Chris and Summer, but I'm doing good. My mom has taken care of food and everything else. Unless you'd like to come over and tie shoes for Charity and I. LOL! You guys are too sweet.
That is crazy that she is in Young Women's. kids grow way too fast huh?
Post a Comment